Celebrate the Abayudaya 100th Anniversary in Uganda this January!
Next year marks Kulanu’s 25th anniversary and 100 years of the Abayudaya community. We partnered with the Abayudaya from our very first days, meaning that the Kulanu-Abayudaya relationship is 25-years old.
In honor of these remarkable occasions, Select Treks invites you on a trip to Uganda, where we will spend 11 days with the Abayudaya community. Kulanu’s president, Harriet Bograd, and her husband, Ken, will be joyous participants in this tour group along with other key Kulanu volunteers and supporters.
You get to spend time with our partner community in their home villages, make a meaningful contribution by volunteering your personal skills, discover the natural beauty of East Africa – and of course, enjoy the warm climate that Uganda has to offer!
The trip will run from January 10-20, 2019, with the option to add a 5-day Gorilla Trek and Safari ending January 25.
- Immerse yourself in local Ugandan culture
- Celebrate at the Abayudaya Music and Dance Festival
- Spend two Shabbat weekends with the Abayudaya community
- Visit Hadassah Primary School and other Kulanu projects
- Use your skills to lead a workshop or teach a class
- Learn how to make challah, African style
- Make Ugandan crafts with the Namutumba Women’s Group
- Enjoy an optional 5-day Gorilla Trek and Wildlife Safari
Cost per person at hotel $3790, single supplement $390
Alternative guest house stay $3332, single supplement $190
What is included in the cost?
- Meals (as specified in itinerary)
- Transportation within Uganda
- Our own local guide
- Bottled water while on excursions
- Pre-departure information session
- Expert organization by Select Tours
- Whitewater rafting – $145 (Wild or mild, rapids range from #3-5)
- 5-day gorilla trek and wildlife safari at Queen Elizabeth National Park
For full cost details, itinerary, and complete tour brochure, please visit
We can’t wait to see you in Uganda!