Announcing the 2018 Kulanu Tribute Journal Honorees
We are delighted to announce the forthcoming Kulanu 2018 tribute journal! These journals honor exceptionally dedicated supporters who have made substantial commitments to Kulanu and our partner communities. We are pleased to reveal our honorees for the forthcoming issue (in the order shown in the photo):
Diane and Jack Zeller
Rahel and Jordan Rosner
Federation of Jewish Mens’
Clubs – Seaboard Region
Mordy and Mickey Feinberg
Each of these individuals or groups have found their own ways to make lasting links with Kulanu partner communities, not only through their substantial donations, but also by giving their time so generously – whether by learning about communities’ needs, visiting communities in person, welcoming visitors into their homes, fundraising within their own networks, and even serving in leadership positions within Kulanu. As a nonprofit relying entirely on our donors’ and volunteers’ generosity, we can say with confidence that these honorees have transformed Kulanu’s ability to serve Jews in need.
Our 2018 honorees
In our forthcoming Tribute Journal we’ll be sharing the stories of these five honorees, but here’s a taste of their involvement with Kulanu.
- The Federation of Jewish Mens’ Clubs – Seaboard Region consists of 24 clubs including over 2700 men in PA, MD, and the DC metro area. The Club has raised over $50,000 for the Abayudaya Men’s Club and Hadassah Primary School and has twice brought the leader of the Abayudaya school to their conferences.
- Mordy and Mickey Feinberg have volunteered in many communities as emissaries of Kulanu. They use their expertise in education, Judaism, and world travel to bring Jewish knowledge to every community they visit, giving their time tirelessly.
- Sandy Leeder is a Kulanu board member and treasurer, as well as coordinator for the Lemba community in Zimbabwe. He has worked tirelessly for over 35 years in advancing sub-Saharan African Jewish communities, a true pioneer in this area.
- Jordan and Rahel Rosner were inspired to donate generously to Kulanu because, as they put it, “Kulanu is helping to make a difference in the lives of people who are actively trying to improve their situation. While money resources are important Kulanu offers groups knowledge on how to fundraise and to be organized”.
- Jack and Diane Zeller founded Kulanu back in 1994. Jack served as President until 2008 and board member for many years. They continue to be active as volunteers, donors, and supporters, guiding Kulanu in its mission. Their home hospitality to African friends and to Kulanu volunteers is legendary. It’s safe to say that without Jack and Diane, Kulanu wouldn’t exist!
Join us in paying tribute and be featured in the Tribute Journal yourself!
We hope that you find our honorees’ generosity inspiring and that you will consider honoring their work by purchasing an ad making a contribution in their honor before July 31, 2018. The easiest way to donate is online at kulanu.org/donate. Please write “Tribute” and the text of your ad in the notes and let us know if you’re donating specifically in honor of one or more of our honorees. You can also mail a check to Harriet Bograd, Kulanu Inc, 165 West End Ave, 3R, New York, NY 10023, USA and include the same information. Be sure to include your name and contact information so we know whom to thank!
All contributions of $36+ will be listed in the Tribute Journal. For gifts of $72+, we invite you to write the text of a journal ad – a note of dedication for inclusion in the Journal at the rates listed below. Both individuals and groups can donate. If you wish to split your contribution over multiple months, please write to us at email@example.com to make arrangements or simply use the online recurring gift option at kulanu.org/donate.
* $2,500 – gold level full page (100 words)
* $1,000 – silver level full page (100 words)
* $800 – bronze level full page (100 words)
* $600 – full page (100 words)
* $300 – 1/2 page (50 words)
* $150 – 1/4 page (50 words)
* $72 – 1/8 page (25 words)
* $36 – individual listing (name only, no message)
The journal will be published online in color and will feature plenty of photos. If you would like to share photos of any of our honorees for use in the journal, please contact Jerry Krasny.
Thank you so much for honoring Kulanu’s beloved, generous, and committed donors, and for joining their ranks by supporting Kulanu’s work with Jewish communities across five continents!