Kulanu’s Winter Newsletter Is Now Online
The Winter 2011 issue of the Kulanu Newsletter is now online with full-color photos. You can read it at kulanu.org/newsletters. The articles explore present and former Jewish communities in Suriname, India, Ethiopia, Zambia, Egypt, Tunisia, Portugal, and Uganda!
- Life-Changing Birthright Trip for Surinamese Jewish Youth, by Sheila Gogol, p. 1
- The Bene Ephraim of Andhra Pradesh, India, by Yulia Egorova and Shahid Perwez, p. 2
- Restoration of the Historic Indian Synagogue in Parur, Kerala, by Jay A. Waronker, p. 5
- Ethiopian Rememberance: Kabbalat Shabbat (Ceremony Welcoming the Shabbat), by Sam Tadesse, p. 8
- Architectural Remnants of Jewish Life in Zambia, by Jay A. Waronker, p. 10
- Scholars of African Judaism Gather in London, by Len Lyons, p. 13
- Travels with Nancy, by Nancy Cuevas Guzman, p. 17
- plus book reviews, President’s Message and more!
By the way, if you would like to receive future issues of this all-new Kulanu newsletter as hard-copies in the mail, just make a donation to Kulanu! All Kulanu donors receive a year’s issues of the newsletter as thanks for their support, and to keep them in the loop about all the fascinating news in the communities we work with worldwide.