Harare Lemba Synagogue Emergency Food Program – Can You Help?
Zimbabwe is currently in a state of crisis as drought has struck the nation. Poor harvests, high unemployment, political unrest, and the restructuring of the agricultural sector have left a significant proportion of the country in food poverty. The statistics speak for themselves:
- Maize production was down 51% on the previous year
- Rural poverty is approaching 80%
- 1.5 million Zimbabweans cannot meet their basic food needs
- Over 70% of the population live on less than $1.25 per day
- Protein is hard to come by, stunting growth in ⅓ of children (more…)