Happy Purim for “all of us” at Kulanu!
Happy Purim from “all of us” at Kulanu!
Join us this Sunday in New York City (or online) for Finding Judaism Across Africa and Central America – see registration info below.
Finding Judaism Across Africa and Central America, Intersections with Sephardi and Mizrahi Culture and Practice
IN PERSON and ONLINE!
Sunday, March 12 from 10 am – 4 pm EST
Center for Jewish History, 15 W 16th St, New York, NY 10011
Communities across Africa and Central America are returning to their Jewish roots or finding Judaism. They are seeking out religion and a connection to the larger Jewish world, many with a view towards their own Sephardi ancestry and others through an affinity for the Sephardi rites.
Representatives of these communities, documentarians, and activists will come together to share their experiences and the unique interactions of these communities and the greater Sephardi world traditions.
- Professor Tudor Parfitt, distinguished professor at Florida International University, world-renowned scholar and historian of Lost Tribes. Featured on the History channel, BBC, and PBS.
- Professor Shalva Weil, senior researcher at Hebrew University, world-renowned scholar on Indian Jews, Ethiopian Jews, Lost Tribes, and femicide.
- Joseph F. Lovett, producer, director, and writer. Director of Children of the Inquisition, 2019.
- Jator Abido (Yatov ben Yisrael), Jewish Nigerian Prince, representative to the Sub Sahara Africa Jewish alliance, and civil engineer
- Patricio Serno, filmmaker and co-founder of Casa Tova, Mexico
- Bonita Sussman, President of Kulanu, world traveler, author, and photographer
- Genie Milgrom, world-renowned genealogist, Crypto-Jewish advocate, and author
- Dr. Drora Arussy, Senior Director, ASF Institute of Jewish Experience
- and more!