Where are our domestic volunteers?
By volunteers from home, we mean any volunteer that doesn’t travel to one of the communities we work with. You can work from where you are, anywhere in the world, so long as you have Internet access. We have had webmasters from Spain and Cameroon, a technology director from Israel, and online teachers from the US, Canada, and Israel.
Opportunities to Volunteer from Home:
Kulanu’s volunteer needs are always evolving, as new communities and new projects emerge. We are a nearly all-volunteer organization, with just two part-time staff members assisting scores of volunteers who are making things happen around the world! Here are just some of the ways you can help out:
- In-Kind Donations Coordinator: Facilitate donations of books, laptops, Judaica, and other in-kind contributions – communicate with donors and with the benefiting communities to get donated items to the right places.
- Multi-Media Manager: Edit and organize Kulanu’s online photo and video files – help maintain an active archive for various purposes.
- Press Manager: Draft and send press releases; follow up with reporters; track media hits; grow our press contact list.
- Awareness and Education: Work on your own or with a team to organize events and presentations that inform audiences about the diversity of Jewish communities around the world.
- Youth Outreach: Engage bar/bat mitzvah students, youth group and Hillel members, young professionals, and other groups in Kulanu’s work.
- Fundraising and Donor Relations: Garner support for our communities through various methods – organize meet-and-greets and other events, stay in touch with donors, and identify potential donors and funding sources.
- Make Thank-You Calls: Call recent donors each month to let them know we appreciate them.
- Digital Communications: Help keep our website, blog, and social media sites current and active – identify “friendly” blogs, websites, videos/documentaries, music and other media or charitable projects that we should know about.
- One-time project(s): These can range from research to data entry to creating promotional materials – perfect if you can’t commit to something long-term.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Kulanu, Inc!
Please share this page with anyone you know who is seeking volunteer opportunities. Thanks so much.