NOTICE OF OPENINGS FOR KULANU BOARD MEMBERS
Photo: Kulanu board members and guests celebrate Remy Ilona’s graduation from Florida International University at board retreat weekend
In preparation for our upcoming board elections, Kulanu’s nominating committee invites you to recommend candidates for Kulanu’s board of directors. You are welcome to nominate yourself or someone you know. To make a nomination, please fill out this form by Tuesday, November 6. We thank our outgoing board member, Yakov Zamir, for his extraordinary contributions to Kulanu and especially to the Jewish community in Madagascar.
Kulanu’s board is a working board of volunteers, with each board member carrying substantial responsibilities. Board meetings are held by video conference one Sunday per month from 9:30 to 11:30 am Eastern time. Involvement with Kulanu can be a very rewarding experience, as we support isolated, emerging, and returning Jewish communities around the globe.
The nominating committee will prefer candidates who:
- have worked with Kulanu already, who are reliable, respond promptly to emails, and have time to devote to Kulanu’s work;
- are familiar with Kulanu’s work and Kulanu’s history, and share Kulanu’s values;
- have cross-cultural sensitivity and respect for people of all backgrounds and economic groups.
Each board member has skills and experiences that are useful to Kulanu, and/or the ability to give or get new resources. Here are skills currently needed:
- fundraising skills, fundraising experience, connections to potential substantial donors, and/or ability to donate large amounts him/herself;
- connections to the better-known Jewish community and/or to isolated, emerging, and returning Jewish communities;
- other useful connections (press? educators? economic development?);
- organizational know-how;
- Jewish knowledge (not required of every board member);
All board members must have:
- excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- positive outlook;
- comfort with technology – at least email, Internet, and basic documents and spreadsheets.
Again, to make a nomination, please fill out this form.
“All of us” look forward to receiving your nominations. Thank you so much!