Although Kulanu is not currently actively involved in supporting a Tutsi community, there was a time when we worked closely with the Havila Institute, then based in Belgium, in an effort to avert genocide against Tutsis.
Our coordinators for Tutsis, Rabbi David Kuperman and Jack Zeller, Kulanu’s president emeritus, continue to encourage people that work to protect the safety and human rights of Tutsis, especially in Burundi.
Articles and Links
- The Tutsi Jews and the Pan-Kush Hebrew Diaspora (2009) Prof. Yochanan Bwejeri
- Jews in Central Africa Irwin Berg (2003)
- Hebraic Traditions of the Batutsi Yochannan Bwejeri
- Havila and the Tutsi Hebrews Yochannan Bwejeri
- An Ashkenazi-Sephardi-Kushite Seder in Brussels! Yochannan Bwejeri
- Jews, Links, and the Final Redemption Anne Herschman
- Miraculous Jewish Awakening in Afrika Tamar Kemp
- Genocide Imminent Against Tutsis of Burundi Rabbi David Kuperman
- A Seder Under the (Jewish) Stars Rabbi David Kuperman