There are two exciting upcoming trips to India that are led by our friends!
India: My Second Home:
- Presented by our friends Nathan Katz and Ellen Goldberg
- India is known for its antiquity and modern high-tech. Spirituality and Bollywood swagger. Bustling cities and pristine nature. A cultural kaleidoscope that’s the world’s largest democracy.
- But what is typically not known is India’s long history as one of the most hospitable homes in the Jewish diaspora. For centuries, Jews found a haven in which their traditions flourished. So too, they’ve been among India’s great mystics, taken center stage in Bollywood, served as mayors in major cities, and produced the country’s greatest military hero, as well as its most celebrated English-language poet.
Burkat Global Jewish India Tour
- Presented by our friends Dr. Shalva Weil and Iris and Howard Burkat.
- Unique to Burkat Global, Dr. Shalva Weil, senior researcher at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, will be the scholar in residence for our 2017 tour, traveling with Burkat Global and teaching the group.
- Explore Southern India, travel in the footsteps of the Jews who first arrived as spice traders 3000 years ago, and settled there 2,000 years ago, and tour India’s wonderful landscape and tourist destinations.