April 27, 2015
This is the last issue of KulanuNews to be edited by Judy Manelis of Massachusetts. All of us at Kulanu are grateful for Judy’s incredible work as magazine editor since 2009, as a member of the Kulanu board since 2008, and as Kulanu Vice-President since 2010. Judy, thank you so much for your contributions to Kulanu and to Jewish communities around the world! We wish you the best of luck as you move on to new projects.
Here are the articles you’ll find in the Spring 2015 issue of KulanuNews:
- How I Became a Cochini Jew (India), p. 1
- Beit Polska – A National Jewish Outreach Across Poland, p. 6
- Fourteen Conversions and a Wedding in Uganda, p. 11
- From Kenya to Uganda: A Wedding and Conversions, p. 15
- Anousim Communities in Colombia, p. 16
- The Lemba-Kulanu Connection (Zimbabwe), p. 19
- The Great Zimbabwe Synagogue: a Progress Report, p. 21
- Confessions of a True Believer (Zimbabwe), p. 22
- Are There Lost Tribes in Cameroon? p. 23
- A Tribute to Daneel Schaechter, p. 27
- Thank You Donors, p. 28
- President’s Letter, p. 30
Kulanu also prints paper copies of the magazine and sends them to recent donors for one year to keep our supporters updated about the dispersed, emerging, and returning Jewish communities we connect with around the world. To get your own copy of KulanuNews, make your donation now at www.kulanu.org/donate. Thank you for your interest, and support!
(After you’ve read the magazine, please share the issue with others. Then, let us know what you think at kulanu.org/contact. We love to receive feedback!)
Enjoy reading this issue!