December 7, 2012
The Fall 2012 issue of KulanuNews, Kulanu’s informative publication about Jewish communities around the world, is now available to read on our web site!
This latest edition features moving articles by Kulanu volunteers and community members, as well as wonderful color photos to help tell their stories. Click here to check it out in full-color!
- “The Miracle of Return and Its Widening Circle” by Kimberly Dueñas, p 1
- “Passover in Mapakomhere, Zimbabwe: Some Highlights” by Sandy Leeder, p 6
- “An Insider’s View of the Zimbabwe Seder” by Modreck Zvakavapano Maeresera, p 11
- Today I am A Woman: Stories of Bat Mitzvah Around the World (Barbara Vinick and Shulamit Reinharz, editors) – book review by Blu Greenberg, p 13
- “President’s Letter” by Harriet Bograd, p 14
- “Uganda: Abayudaya Changing the Lives of Deaf Children” by Judy Manelis, p 15
- New E-Book Publications from Kulanu, p 18
- “Mission Accomplished: Documentary Film on Igbo Jewish Community” by Jeff L. Lieberman, p 19
- “Todah (Thank You), Donors” by All of Us at Kulanu, p 21
KulanuNews is published two to three times a year, and unless otherwise requested, Kulanu mails hard copies of each issue to our supporters for a year. This is one of the ways we keep you in the loop about how your contributions are put to work, and also to inform readers about isolated and emerging Jewish communities around the world — remarkable groups you might not learn about anywhere else.
If you would like to receive your own copy of future issues, please make a donation now at www.kulanu.org/donate. We look forward to hearing what you think of KulanuNews!